LifeNation.us Organic Vegan Plant Based Protein Powders
You want the best ingredients.
What’s why you choose Life Nation’s Organic Vegan protein powders. In yummy almond, almond chocolate, hemp chocolate, and coconut cream chocolate flavors.
Use these in your protein drinks or food recipes for extra flavor and extra protein – it’s up to you. No artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners – just more of the good stuff you want in your protein powder.
Why do we need proteins?
After water, proteins are the most abundant nutrient in the human body. Proteins are found in every single cell of the body. They form all body tissues and are vital for tissue maintenance and repair. Proteins form hormones and enzymes that are required for regulating important life functions. Proteins help in transportation and storage of other proteins and elements in the body. Antibodies, which are the body’s defense system, are also made of proteins.
Why do we need protein to build muscles?
Muscles are a type of soft tissue which are made of proteins, which are made up of chains of amino acids. Some of the amino acids we need our bodies can produce, called nonessential amino acids, and some we cannot produce, called essential amino acids, and must get from outside sources. Most of our essential proteins are consumed through the food we eat.
What is the best time to drink a protein shake?
If you are working out, you should consume your protein shake within 10-15 minutes of finishing your workout, for best results. There is no right time to drink a protein shake if you’re using it as a meal replacement or to boost your protein content. Recent studies suggest consuming 40grams of protein before bed is recommended to best stimulate muscle protein synthesis (growth) rates during sleep.
How much protein do you need?
The recommended daily allowance of protein is 0.36grams per pound of body weight (0.8g/kg) for the average person. For bodybuilders the that number goes up to 0.63 to 0.77 grams per pound of body weight (1.4 – 1.7g/kg).
What are the different types of protein powders available and which one is best?
- Protein concentrates are produced by extracting protein from whole food using heat and acid or enzymes. These typically produce 60%-80% protein with the remaining 20%-40% composed of fat and carbs
- Protein isolates uses an additional filtering process to remove more fat & carbs, leaving 90%-95% protein